Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Colour Q Challenge #179

 Well I finally got to scrap these cute photos of my kids dressed up as Superheros.  This was for my nephew's birthday party last November.  Teagan really wanted to be Bat Girl.  You can't see it in the photo, but she got out Connor's old Batman costume and put a dark skirt on over top.  She looked so adorable.  And Connor wore his Halloween costume.  He's showing off the gloves because that was the most important part of the costume to him.  I looked everywhere and finally bought these gloves down in the 'States at Target.  Crazy what we do for our kids right?
 
 
 
 
This page uses a variety of products, but it was created using My Digital Studio 2.  You can use any png file and use the photo option in MDS2 to place it on a page. 
 


That cool banner is from Pixels and Co.  I added the shadows underneath by using punches, adding a drop shadow, filling the punch with patterned paper.   Once that was done, I double clicked on the punch and then slid the paper off the punch so that only the shadow is left.  You can crop the punch too.  The flag punch in MDS2 is very long, so I cropped it so that it fit perfectly under each banner flag.  All of the stamps are from Stampin Up! and so are the splatters.  I started off with a page template from the Downtown Grunge kit and then changed up the layout and added to it.  The ricrack and the red scallop are digital elements from Pixels and Co which I recoloured to fit the challenge colours.
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

The best Superhero Smile too!