Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snowflake Scramble

 
I really wanted to play with a challenge this week, and I had this new patterned paper I really wanted to try out.  When I saw that the Paper Players had a snowflake challenge, I pulled out my new snowflake die and some glimmer paper and went to work.
 
I'm also entering this into the Christmas challenge at Just Add Ink.
 
 I tried a variety of colour combinations. 
 I sponged the edges for an aged look.


 

 The white snowflakes are made with white card stock and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
Here's all three together.  I really like the shimmer on this paper.
I tried to make them a bit funky by playing around with the positions of the snowflakes and the window frame die cuts.
 

3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

It looks like you've had a whole lot of fun making these lovely cards, Sandra! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Merry Christmas :)

Ann Schach said...

Awesome cards, Sandra! I LOVE ths DSP! What a great aged look! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Great snowflakes...they stand out so well on those gorgeous papers! I am thrilled you joined us this week at the Paper Players!