Saturday, October 13, 2012

Freshly Made Play Date Cafe

 
 My daughter got a last minute invite to a birthday party tomorrow.    I knew I needed to make a card for the little girl, so I decided to enter a few challenges.
 
 
I decided to try out the colour challenge over at the Play Date Cafe
and the sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.
  
 
I stamped the image from the Blue Ribbon stamp set.
I really love this set for simple celebrations like birthday cards. 
It's really versatile.
 
 
I stamped out the medallion in all three challenge colours.
Then I carefully cut them all out.
I sponged the middle of the ribbon stamp to fill in the colour.
I popped up the layers on dimensionals.
 
 
I put together this little bow.
Below is the finished card!
 

9 comments:

stampinjul said...

Lucky little girl! Who wouldn't want a beautiful card like this?

Jen Brum said...

Fun card Sandra! I love the colours you've chosen and love how you've placed the ribbon! The brad centre is a great finishing touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a pretty birthday card this is Sandra ... the colours are just lovely and your birthday medallion is awesome!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

~amy~ said...

Love that ribbon! awesome work! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Diane said...

This is a lovely b-day card! This looks like such a versatile design...makes me want to hop online and order that set TODAY!

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect girly birthday card! The colors are awesome together. The brad is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

This would be great for a masculine birthday--terrific! Thanks for playing with the FMS sketch this week!

Lynn said...

Really pretty! I love the slightly shabby feel and the dimension. Thanks for playing along with us at The play Date Cafe!

Alicia said...

I have and LOVE this stamp set, you did such a great job on this card, I'm inspired! Thanks for joining in with us at The Play Date Cafe this week, come again!