Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #137


My card for this week's Stampin' Royalty Challenge is one I made as a Display Stamper for this year's Convention.  Each of the Display Stampers were given a product suite to work with and I was given the Comfort Cafe suite.  It's really not a suite I would have purchased as the colours are not my favourite, but I took on the challenge and created something out of my comfort zone.



To start, I stamped the frame from the sentiment stamp.  I used a Stampin' Write marker to carefully only colour the frame as I did not want the words from this stamp.  Once I stamped it, I carefully cut it out by hand and then sponged the edges to make them more even.


I really like how this frame fits nicely into the curve of the foilage stamp which I stamped in Pool Party on Whisper White.


The actual sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede on Whisper white.  Then I cut it out with the Labels Framelit, and then used a paper trimmer to chop off the top and bottom of the label and square it out a bit.  I added a double layer of buttons for some interest.

The trim in the middle of the card was made using the Scallop Trim Border Punch with Cajun Craze, layered over a distressed and sanded layer of Soft Suede.

The bottom layer has an embossed layer of Summer Starfruit paper covered with a flag cut out of the Comfort Cafe fabric.


Here's a look at the finished product.   I made it on a 3' by 6' base instead of the regular 4 1/4' by 5 1/2'.   Even though it's not my typical style, I actually really like this card.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Love your color choices - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html