Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #129

 Welcome to Wednesday and another challenge over at Stampin' Royalty
Hop on over to check out the latest samples from the fabulous Design Team.


This week we have a colour challenge for you.


Now honestly, at first this colour challenge really stumped me.  I could not figure out how to get old olive into the picture, but then...

da da,

I thought about using watercolouring.

When I was on the DT over at SPCC (colour challenges) I would use flowers and watercolouring if there was a green in the combo.
And...

Old olive is green...


And fortunately, I had just found my watercolour paper which had gone walking a while ago.
So I decided that it was fate, and off I went.

 

Out came the Apothecary Art stamp set and my watercolouring paper.
I stamped teh image in Staz On and then set to watercolouring with an aquapainter.

The sentiment I stamped, and cut out with the Bitty Frames Framelit. 
Check out my little tutorial on the Tutorials Page on how managed that.


I used the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder to add some texture to the pool party card stock and I added some Pool Party seam binding ribbon as well.  The flower image was cut out by hand and then I mounted it on a die cut from the Labels Framelits.  I really like the size of the matte when you do this.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I like your card, very beautiful!