Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #116


This week we have a sketch challenge for you over at Stampin' Royalty.


Here's my take on the sketch.  The background of the sketch was put together when I was making cards for the Artisan Award contest last year.  I put it away and forgot about it until I had to clean out my craft room after my flood.


The ribbon on the bottom was a strip of pink piroette  which I stamped with the border image from the Fresh Vintage SAB set.  Then I punched it out with the scallop trim border punch.  Then I ran it through the crimper and pleated it like a ribbon.  The mini vintage take was attached using the string it comes with.   I used a variety of circle punches and my circle scissor plus to make the circles around the middle of the card.  The doily is from the Flirtatious DSP.

2 comments:

Stampinlady said...

Just gorgeous!!! Love the colour combo, and the take on the layout!
Thanks for sharing how you got the faux ribbon look too!!!

Linda Callahan said...

And the genius element here is the "ribbon" - wow - you are so clever! Beautifully done!