Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stampin' Up! Artisan Wall Facebook Project

One of the cool things about being an Artisan Award winner this year is that we get asked to create special projects for the Stampin' Up! Facebook page.  Click here to check out what the other Artisans have created.  There are some fantastic projects up.


Originally I cased a card that I found over on Kristina Werner's blog.   I rearranged the elements a bit and used brighter colours.  First I ran the Rose Red Cardstock through the big shot with Whisper White Craft Ink.  .  Next I ran the Crumb Cake cardstock through with  no ink at all.  I roughed up the edges and added some ink to soften the look.


The pennants were made in various ways.  The centre pennants were made with whisper white cardstock.  First I used the Sale-a-bration stamp sets to stamp my own DSP.  Then I cut out the bottom V.  The centre one was punched with the small heart punch.  I added a Rose Red heart cut out with the same punch to the other 2 flags.

This flag was created with the postage stamp punch.  First I punched out a whole square.  Then I attached a skinny long scrap to the back of it to use as a shim.  Next I ligned it up halfway in the punch and punched it again.  Viola!  I added the Large Pearl for more detail.
I glued the twine along the top by draggin it through a little bit of Crystal Effects and then attaching it.  Once it was dry, I trimmed down the ends.  Next I tied tiny bows out of the same twine.  Finally I used tweezers and dipped them in Crystal Effects and placed them where I wanted them.  When the bows were dry I attached the flags with Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: