Thursday, January 19, 2012

Leadership Displays - Take ONE


Here she is, my little cutie.  This is one of my favourite photos of Teagan.  She's 11 months old in this photo.  She's such an adrenaline junkie.  Swings have always been her favourite thing at the park, and now she's taking to bike riding and her scooter - I'm afraid of what she'll be like as a teenager.

But anyway, that's not why you're checking out my blog.  You want to know how I created this page right?  Well, this page was one of my samples that I made for the Leadership Displays.   This one features the Sale-a-bration Set Elementary Elegance. I have to say it was really exciting to receive a parcel of Sneak Peek items, even before the Catalogues were available for Demonstrators to see online.  I really had no idea what was coming.

I made this page around the time our basement flooded.  I managed to grab a drawer of photos in the mad panick to save my crafting stuff.  So when I sat down to create, I started going through this drawer of photos because my printer was a victim of the flood, and I needed to create a scrapbook page - fast.

I decided to use this photo as the red in the swing is similar to Poppy Parade in the DSP.  There's really not very much to this page.  I mounted the photo on Poppy Parade and then tore and distressed the edges for some texture.  I stamped the frame in Poppy Parade and the 'Hello' In Early Espresso.  Then I used my craft scissors to carefully cut around it.  Finally the letters in 'cute' were cut out with the Big Shot - from Early Espresso cardstock.  Then I glued them on to add some interest.

Along the borrom of the page is a strip of ribbon which I punched with the dotted scallop border punch.  Then I wove some of the organdy ribbon from Sale-a-bration through the holes for more interest. and VOILA.   Such a simple page to create!

No comments: