Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Colour Q Challenge #116



So I think I have recovered from the mudslide in our front yard  (see my last post if you don't know what I'm talking about.)  And now that school's out and I've had a few nights of good sleep, I'm ready to start crafting again.  This week is a fabulous Christmasy Colour Combo over at Colour Q.  I really enjoyed this challenge.  Of course I'm trying to use up all my felt embellishments from the current Holiday Mini so I substituted Garden Green for Glorious Green.  Besides, all of my retired SU product was destroyed in the flood last month, so I don't even have the Glorious Green ink pad left. 

This card was really fun to make though.  I had fun distressing and sponging and smooch spritzing to make all the details.  The ribbon and the baker's twine are both Lucky Limeade, and they're in the upcoming Sale-a-bration, and Occasions Minis which will be available for purchase in two weeks!  And aren't those little mittens absolutely adorable???

The sentiment is a soon to be retired hostess set from the current Holiday Mini.  I stamped it in two colours, and then cut out the words and adhered them over the other image.  Then I cut the entire thing out very carefully. 

2 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

I've been reading all your recent posts and would just like to say how sorry I am to read about what you've been going through. It really hit me today when you said all your retired SU stuff is destroyed. My heart goes out to you. So glad to hear you're feeling more back to normal and that you're able to craft again. Wishing you and the family the very best for Christmas and the New Year. xx

Unknown said...

Glad you're back crafting Sandra! Cute card. Hope to see you next week for a play date ...oh, and bring the kids. LOL!