Sunday, August 7, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop Day #6

Welcome to Day #6 of the Artsan Award Blog Hop.  If you didn't get a chance to come by yesterday, let me explain.  This years' Artisan Award winners are having a BLOG HOP.  We're going to show you all of our winning projects, and let you know a bit about how we made them.  If you check out all projects over the whole hop you will see 100 winning projects.  So don't forget to stop by tomorrow!   Underneath my project, you will find a link to the next blog on the tour, and at the very bottom of this post you will find a complete list of all 10 blogs, in case you get lost on the tour.  You should have just come from Connie Collins' blog. Isn't she terribly talented?  I love her work.

This card started out as a make'n take gone wrong.  I was at my upline's mini regional meeting last february and she had put together this make'n take using the Love Letter DSP.  I have the digital copy of this DSP, but not the actual paper.  And I LOVE IT!!  The top note die cut was from the make'n take but then I stamped an image from Bliss but I got a halo from the side of the rubber and ruined it.  So what I did to hide it is cut off part of it and hid the rest of the halo with the black ribbon.  If you look in the top right corner you will see the image peeking out behind the ribbon.  I demonstrated how to use the Tulip Border embossing folder at this meeting, so the white cardstock was just a scrap I had left over.  When I layered it all together I needed  something to stamp on the  background, so I used the flower from Vintage Vogue.  I really like how this card kind of 'fell together'. 
I hope you enjoyed today's project, now hop on over to Heidi King's blog to see her next amazing project.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Vintage Vogue, Tiny Tags, Bliss
Cardstock – Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Confetti Cream,
DSP - Newsprint, Love Letter
Classic Ink – Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Adhesives – SNAIL adhesive, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects, Mini Glue Dots
Punches -Jewelry Tag Medium
Accessories –Top Note Bigz die, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for the Big Shot, Stampin Dimensionals, Chantilly ½” Crochet Trim, Basic Black 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Basic Black 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Antique Brads,


THE ARTISAN AWARD WINNERS BLOG HOP 2011
1. Connie Collins  
2. Sandra Farrell   (You are here)
3. Heidi King  
4. Heather Klump   
5. Cheryl LeFore   
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard    
8. Heather Stevens
9. Summer Stone    
10. Heather Summers

6 comments:

Sheila said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! This is my favorite DSP! Well done!

Heather Klump said...

Fell Together is right! Love this misfit creation Sandra, Very original, and really shows your creativity when "something" goes awry. Well Done! :)

Connie Collins said...

Someone told me a long time ago, "there are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for creativity". I don't know if that is entirely true, but this "mistake" definitely turned out fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love this card! All your cards were awesome but this one is definately my personal favourite:)

Jenn

lmel09 said...

It looks perfect to me Sandra! Beautiful work of art!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this card! Took a picture of it in SLC before I even knew it was yours :)