Friday, July 8, 2011

Sailing Away with PPA

This week it's a colour challenge over at Pals Paper Arts.  I whipped up this little card and decided to play along.  I used The Open Sea stamp set.  Firstly I stamped the Compass image in Not Quite Navy on Marina Mist cardstock.  Then I stamped the other images in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla carstock.  I used an Aquapainter and Marina Mist and Bashful Blue to colour in the images.  I tried to make the globe image looked aged so I added a lot of water - I'm not really sure that I achieved the effect I was looking for or not.  I distressed some edges, and rolled some edges and opped a few things up on dimensionals.  

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I think the blues worked perfectly with this set! Love the vintage look! Hope I get to say hi next week in SLC - I will be on the lookout for the Artisan display :)

Lesley said...

I agree with Linda, perfect way to use this set and these colours! Are you going to Convention? So envious! Have a fun time!! Say hi to my Paper Players!
Hugs,
Lesley

Melanie C said...

Great birthday card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.