Friday, January 28, 2011

Remember

So a few days ago I posted a page made with a new template for My Digital Studio.  I used that template as the start of this page.  What I did was bring the first page into MDS as a photo and then reduced the opacity.  Next I layered punches over it and filled them with Botanical Gardens DSP.  The background paper was too yellow for the photo, so I reduced the opacity of the background and placed some Crumb Cake behind it.  Next I layered over 2 stamps from the Vintage Overlays set.  One of the things that I struggle with about MDS, is the fact that the digital paper looks, well, too digital.  I wish it looked a little more realistic.  The Vintage Overlays help with this, and Botanical Gardens and Love Letter DSP are fabulous for this.
This photo is another one of my Mom and her younger sister.  The photo was originally taken in Black and White.  Then it was printed and hand painted with colour as was the fashion in the 1930's and '40's.  They are playing in a wading pool.  What is cool about this wading pool is that it still exists and the city still fills it with water every July and August.

No comments: