Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #28

Well it's Wednesday and that means another challenge over at Stampin' Royalty. This week the challenge is stenciling. Check out Stampin' Royalty to see the Goddess' samples. Hop on over to Jody's blog to start the weekly blog hop.


For this card I tried to follow the vintage trend which is so popular these days. I made a stencil using the small heart punch. I was inspired by a card on page 202 of the current Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalogue. Click here for a tutorial on how I did this. Once I had stenciled the hearts on pink cardstock I roughed up the edges and curled the ends to give it a worn look. Once I had this strip I needed to provide an equally vintage background. First I pulled out some Crumb Cake (kraft) cardstock and embossed it. Next I ripped the edges using the Tearing Edge ruler. I decided to mount it on Pink Pirouette cardstock like the hearts. I stamped an image from the Tiny Tags stamp set in Pretty In Pink to add more contrast. I wapped this with ribbon and twine. Next I stamped the sentiments with the Tiny Tags set and punched them out. I put a small hole in the top of each tag and threaded them with twine. I gathered all the twine and clipped them to the heart strip using a library clip. Finally, I decided to add the flowers from Vintage Vogue. I cut them out and roughed up the edges for a more vintage look. I wanted to use a Filigree Brad for the centre, but I was out of them, so I pulled out my retired corduroy buttons and used a Chocolate Chip one for the flower's centre. Finally the entire thing was mounted on Rich Razz cardstock.

The Fun Stuff:
1. Ink – Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
2. Paper – Cardstock – Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
3. Stamps – Vintage Vogue, Tiny Tags
4. Accessories –Stampin’ Dimensionals, Clips Assortment, Linen Thread, Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain, Tiny Tags punch, Corduroy Buttons

2 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Sandra, this is fabulous! The stencilling is just lovely!

Deanne :)

Barb Craft said...

beautiful card! i love all the ribbon and fibers... very pretty!!
bArb :)