Thursday, June 17, 2010

Almost Artisan 4


Here's yet another entry of mine into the Artisan Award contest from Stampin' Up! This pirate ship centrepiece was made with the Pirate Party pack. The flags, string, toothpicks, black ribbon and banner pieces come from the kit. I modified the banner pices into sails, by cutting the bottoms off the triangles, and adding some scalloped paper as trim. I used the Jumbo Eyelets on the sails to strengthen the holes and I liked the control it gave when placing the sails on the dowling. I also used the eyelets at the base of the sails for added strength when standing the sails up . The boat uses a small box as a base. Thinking back now, I probably should have put more detail into the boat. I also wonder how it survived shipping. I packed it up pretty securely, but you never know...

Pirate Ship
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Pad, Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Pirate Party Kit, Scallop Edge Punch, Jumbo Eyelets in Pewter
Adhesives: SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Pop Up Glue Dots, Crystal Effects,
Non Stampin’ Up Dowling

4 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

SANDRA!!!! This is the neatest things I have seen done with the Pirate Party Packs! SO COOL! It makes me wish I could head to WhiteSpot for lunch ;-)

Design With Ink said...

WOW!!! This is AWESOME! What a FABULOUS idea! I agree with what you said...would have been TOUGH to be a judge! But this is awesome! Good work!

Hands On said...

Wow! My nephews would go a-wall over this. It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive that you didn't get the Artisan for this! I have seen some of the winners and this beats many of them by far!!!