Thursday, June 3, 2010

Almost Artisan 1

As many of you already know, Stampin' Up! holds a contest each year for its demonstrators called the Artisan Award. The competition is very tough and hundreds of people enter each year. This year I entered and I did not win :( But, intead of feeling sorry for myself, I will be showcasing all 10 entries on my blog over the next few weeks. And I stole the title of my post from another group of Demonstrators who created a blog hop to showcase their 'Almost Artisan' entries.

This card was made by first punching out the butterflies with the Big Shot. Then I used the tiniest bit of masking tape to secure the butterflies on the card where I wanted them. Then I used the Colour Spritzer Tool and Stampin' Write markers to spray ink on the card.

Stamps: Oval All
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Pretty In Pink
Punches: Large Oval and Scallop Oval
Accessories: Whisper White 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Color Spritzer Tool
Adhesives: SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals

3 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Gorgeous card Sandra! I can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are sharing your entries on your blog! The card is beautiful and from one "almost artisan" to another next year will be our year!

Jenn

Sarah said...

Very cool! I love the masking technique! Can't wait to see the rest of your cards!