Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial #12

Well, seeing as I've been doing a lot of work for challenges lately, this page was made for a combination of challenges. By the time I actually post this, some of these challenges will have expired, but I'm focusing most of my energy on SPCC. And so that's how these layouts came about. It all started with the colour throwdown challenge. The colours were Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip. PURPLE and GREEN!!!!! My absolute favourite colour combination. How could I turn it down? Next I found sketches. (they're pictured below each layouts) The top sketch is from 52 Sketches and the bottom sketch is from Triple the Sketch.



As you can see this is a two page layout. The top page was created for a challenge at Scrap Arts. The challenge was 2 or more photos, ribbon, 2 pattern papers, stamps, and buttons. I really struggled with the top layout. I had these adorable but out of focus photos of my daughter, so I decided to make the layout very busy so that the photos weren't the focal point of the page. After I completed the page, it just seemed too plain so I added the stamped flowers to the plum paper. This brings me to the detailed part of this tutorial. What do you do if you don't have all the colour cartridges but you want to use a stampin' wheel? Well if you simply roll it over an ink cartridge you have a limited range because once the wheel turns around once the ink is all used up and the image fades - see the photo below. The image faded right at the top of the page.

So to cover an entire page like above I started from the outside and rolled towards the middle of the page and then stopped in the middle.This won't work with all wheels of course, but Scatter Sunshine is perfect for this. When rolling the stamp on the ink pad I start at the top of the pad...
and then roll to the bottom of the pad.
Now here's the trick, don't simply roll the stamp back and forth, instead you need to pick the stamp up from the pad and place it back down on the top of the pad. This way the entire roll gets covered in ink.
Supplies: Stamps: Scatter Sunshine, Smarty Pants. Ink: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum. Paper: Green DSP from Bo Bunny, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip. Accessories: Pretties Kit, Celery eyelets, Spelbinders labels 4, Metal edge tag from Making Memories, Stampin' Write Markers, buttons from dollar store and ribbon from Mike's.

No comments: