Thursday, October 2, 2008

I've got a WINNER!!!!

OK so I've been spending far too much time entering card making and papercrafting contests. However I am so proud to announce that I have won the "Need a Little Christmas" contest in Stampin Up!'s Stampin' Success magazine. And this is a picture of the winning card. My other entries are posted below. I sat down to enter the contest and realized I am seriously lacking in Christmas stampsets. So I decided to see what I could make with non-Christmas stuff. The wreath was made by punching out Kiwi Kiss cardstock with the Boho Blossoms punch. I used the largest flower and brushed around the endges of each flower with Kiwi Kiss ink. I cut a base ring using my coluzze. Next I glued the flowers around the ring using Crystal Effects. The bow is made from Riding Rood Red taffeta ribbon. Then I glued the whole thing on to Riding Hood Red cardstock cut out with the Top Note Bigz die (thanks
Ange, my own die is now on order) Then it was glued on a piece of DSP (green tea) and finally glued on a Chocolate Chip base. The sentiment is from the Punches Three hostess set. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punched it out with the scallop square punch. Next I cut out just the sentiment with craft scissors. I brushed the edges with Chocolate Chip ink to hide the flaws. I put two silver brads in and then attached the whole thing to the card front. My biggest regret is that I glued the wreath in the middle as if I had offset it the sentiment would have been a bit more balanced. But anyway thanks for letting me toot my own horn.

4 comments:

colleen said...

Congrats to you...it is gorgeous!

Kari said...

That's awesome Sandra! Way to go - I love how you made the wreath!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! Love it!Congrats on your winnings too.

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop